Sunday, December 25, 2011

Introduction

     I had several goals for my running in 2011. Early in the Spring I had switched almost completely from roads to trail running and I wanted to find some fun trail races to explore. That said, I also wanted to do a full marathon on the road. The over-riding number one goal of all was to stay healthy and enjoy running.  I also had a sort of vague goal of running 2000 miles during the year, but I didn't track mileage specifically to make this happen. Still, as it turns out I will be tantalizingly close anyhow, looking as of today to be about 150 miles short. So- a firm goal for 2012 is 2012 miles, and this time I will track it closely and make it happen, and have decided to document it here to provide a little motivation for me and a little running information for all who care to read.

     I did find several trail races ranging from 5 and 10Ks to several half marathons and a 40K as well. I ran the Chicago marathon, and several half marathons on the roads as well as a few shorter races. I still love running on the trails and will mostly stick to that, but I will include more road miles this Summer as well.

     I haven't set a list of goals for this year yet but will soon. I have already signed up for the Carmel Marathon and will repeat several races from last year as well, including the Indy Mini, the IU Half, and will find more to list here soon. 

     And, as always, my over-riding number one goal remains to stay healthy and enjoy running.
     Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment